Tokyo Docs is an international event designed to support the global expansion of documentary projects, including international co-productions. It provides networking opportunities for documentary filmmakers with domestic and international decision-makers to finance the production of Japanese and Asian documentaries and to support their overseas broadcasting, distribution, screening, and sales.
- (Feb ~ Jul)
- Tokyo Docs Academy (held 6 times a year)
- (Apr ~ Nov)
- Tokyo Docs Academy (Selection/Intensive Summer Course in July)
- Main pitch deadline (end of July)
- Colors of Asia Deadline (End of July)
- Main pitch deadline (early September)
- Tokyo Docs（Early November）
- Main pitch
- Colors of Asia
- Short Documentary Showcase
- Screening of work
TokyoDocs Executive Committee Chair
Chairman, NPO Tokyo Docs
Tokyo Docs, now in its tenth year, was set up in 2011 by a group of Japanese documentary filmmakers in the aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake, convinced that international co-production of documentaries would be the best way to convey Japan's image to the world.